Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Tamera baby Blog

Thanks for welcoming celebrity blogger Tamera Mowry-Housley! Best known for her roles on Sister, Sister and Strong Medicine, the actress currently stars on Tia & Tamera, airing Mondays at 8 p.m. on Style. She’s also working on a novel with twin sister Tia and recently wrapped filming on GMC’s Christmas Angel. Mowry-Housley, 34, wed FOX News correspondent Adam Housley in May 2011 in Napa Valley. Due Oct. 30 with their first child, the couple learned in June that they’re expecting a boy. You can find her on Twitter @TameraMowryTwo. My, how fast time flies! From the last time I’ve written to you all, much has happened. I can gladly say I have now learned to sift through all of the outside pregnancy advice and have found my OWN voice on the matter, which I will get into later. But most importantly, I am now saying hello to my third trimester! I am 31 weeks pregnant! I’ve gotta say, that went by fast. Bye-bye energy and hello to puffy pregnancy cheeks and swollen hands and feet. However, I have learned from a wonderful doula, Latham Thomas, that eating watermelon, grapes and cucumbers help bring the swelling down. Trust me, it works. Did I mention the pregnancy brain?! Man, the pregnancy brain is no joke. I have lost my car keys and house keys entirely. I have also lost my favorite diamond necklace from my teenage years and in some cases, my mind. Please don’t tell me I am alone in this. Am I the only pregnant woman out there who can’t speak coherently? My poor husband. There have been many occasions where he would stare blankly at me, wondering what the hell I was talking about. Helplessly, I couldn’t explain myself because most of the time, I didn’t even know what I meant to say — much less remember it. Anywho, I’m embracing my new body and its changes by constantly telling myself, “Chipmunk cheeks are cute, right?” RIGHT?! Additionally, I’ve been reciting, “My hubby loves a woman with curves.” Well, at least that’s what he told me when we first met. So what if my behind is spreading as wide as the continent of North America? But seriously, all jokes aside, I am so excited to be in the final stretch and couldn’t be more thrilled to meet our lil’ angel. My OB/GYN did say that as your pregnancy progresses, you will tend to sift out all outside advice and find yourself worrying less. I’ve found this to be true. Now don’t get me wrong, I still worry about my pregnancy, but not half as much I did before. I’ve gotten to this point by doing research of my OWN and just plainly standing still and looking within. I began asking myself important questions and allowing myself to answer honestly with no judgment. Here are some examples: What is my birthing plan? MINE — not my mom’s, sister’s or my friend’s. Do I want a midwife or doula? How do I envision myself giving birth: home or hospital? With or without an epidural? What kind of mom do I want to be? What kind of parenting style will I choose? There are so many endless decisions about pregnancy, birthing and a new baby. Just know it is okay to be afraid, to have concerns and have fears. Just allow them to arise and face them head-on. Please know that you are not alone. Women have been going through this process for years. Most importantly, it is key that you find your OWN voice and go from there. Once you do that, you can free yourself up for the fun part of your last trimester of pregnancy: attending your baby shower and setting up your baby’s nursery. I would love to hear your personal stories about how you have calmed the worried voices in your head. How have you examined all outside influences and ended up finding your own voice? Leave me a comment or Tweet me @TameraMowryTwo. Till next time, – Tamera Mowry-Housley More from Tamera on PEOPLE.com:

No comments: