Monday, July 8, 2013

 
For an expectant mom, bed rest is far from the rest and relaxation Monday morning daydreams are made of, Plano, Texas mom Stephanie Johnson can attest. The former corporate finance maven spent 26 weeks out of commission last year while pregnant with her daughter, Harlow Grace.
But as harrowing as her experience was, leaving her daughter with a nanny after six weeks and heading back into the corporate world was far worse, Johnson said.
"After 26 weeks trying to get this baby here, I wanted to spend every moment that I had with her," Johnson told The Huffington Post. "I had to find something that was going to sustain my lifestyle and afford me the luxury to be home with my daughter, and I just went for it," she says of the business venture she launched just two months after giving birth.
Johnson explained how she did it, and how fellow "mompreneurs" can, too.

No comments: